Friday, April 29, 2005

Third Impressions...

Well, nothing certainly turned out the way it seems did so tonight i'm afraid.
Gapper called in at about 6... and i knew it when i picked up the phone.

GREAT!

Oh well so i thought, i guess we could continue the meeting and give him the info later on in the week... about 8pm Monin yells "Jase, i have really bad news..."

.."what?"

"Vito isn't coming either."

Oh ... fuck!

Then came to the decision, do i carry on with the meeting as planned or... just throw in the towel tonight and go home all sooking and heart broken.
I knew i was kid of putting Monin on the spot and he really tried to get me 'going' but i knew that Monin knows everything i do already... what's the point?

After about 10 minutes of mopping around, i gathering my things and was serious bummed out. Everything i had worked for, everything i planned just went to the shits. Not to mention the guests that i invited to come down... I made the calls out and nobody picked up. I resorted to sending SMS' and felt like shit.

Sat in my car, and had a little think to myself... i asked "what is my role?"
A voice said, "You're the project leader". And immediately i knew i can't just quit when it got tough or when i just felt like it. Another voice now is Chow and he said "Stop being a little bitch nigga Chung!"

Whatever that meant, but all i know is... i didn't want to be one.

I called up Chow and Monin who were already on their way to eat and i tagged along, got some grub in me belly and went to chaddy for pancakes (that was awesome).

Here's the thing, i always wanted to fill the framework for the pilot and i know Monin and Brendan needs it. During pancakes Monin and i developed our remaining characters and now the story feels 'complete' with them in it.

I'm now determined to come back need week with a new sense of direction. Funny how a negative thing kinda opened the door to something i was missing on. I now dread the thought that had i not have gone for pancakes, Rupert J Hollingsworth (name after you Mark) and Bridget may not have come into being.

Brisk.

I've gain a positive from a negative because i didn't wuss out... harsh and important lesson learnt today. I've also taken it upon myself to lose something in the process, my foolscap folder. A kind gesture for a man in war with paper... you know who you are and thanks for making it great man. Don't know where i'd be without you. Awesome... truly fucken awesome...

"GAY!" -Ed

-Jay

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home