Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Second impressions...

Thing's seem to be surreal at the moment and I’m have difficulty grasping the idea of how 'perfect' things could be. The pilot is underway, spirits seems high and optimistic and thing's have started to crystalize.

This has easily surpassed any optimistic vision i even had originally.

Monin made a 'late appearance' to the first meeting which i thought was a big success and could we all give a big round of applause for Mr. Spell (toy story ref.)

Let's just say things turned for the better since my first post and find that Monin is side-by-side with me when i now plan and organise not just the group but on the side of business too. His advice and just being there takes makes me feel like i can achieve anything. Since i didn't write anything about our now 'head writer' i feel inclined to do so... it's only fair ;)

Monin; a figure-head in writing. His ideas are raw and combined with his personal touch it becomes flawless. His insatiable quest for perfection and his outstanding ability to narrate is second to none. Monin has this ability to understand complex procedures and give his opinion made him the ultimate and first candidate. We have Batman.

Oddly enough the idea that has now turned into a working reality started off as a simple walk in the park (or in this case, the local industrial strip).

I had envisioned a career that everyday at work i would fire up my creativity and do what i love doing; draw and write. Monin and i stayed up pretty late dicussing the simple format of it and i went home with the biggest smile on my face thinking "hey, this could really work!".

It's funny that this is happening... a dream come true really!

A quick summary of issues tackled in the second meeting:

1. Pilot ideas.
2. Project structure.
3. Short term objectives.
4. Medium term goals.

Like Monin has noted, we have chosen a pilot and we are definately off the mark. I have proposed the idea of a special event that will be held a secret until for the medium term and everyone has their sights on this. :)

IT's gonna be big!

The first meeting i covered:

1. Personal goals and objectives.
2. Pilot idea
3. Technical issues
4. Business strategy and marketing (overview)
5. Rough guidelines
6. The importance of honesty and critism.

I thank the team for being so patient with me thus far. Thanks to Trucey, tuyet and Mark for attending. A special thanks to my cousin Sunny who came all the way from Sydney and my cousin Avon in New York for ALWAYS believing me.

I'm currently planning the third meeting and we'll see where we go from there...
Until next time...

-Jay

3 Comments:

At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi guys,

First off let me thank you all for giving me the privilege to be apart of the second meeting and allowing me an insight into your creative minds and ideas.

I admired your professionalism, and conveying your ideas to complete strangers as this is not an easy thing to do and for that I thank you.

I was expecting a couple of loose ideas but found myself listening to some very detailed ideas and an extensive framework, goals and ambitions. It sounded like you are not only very committed but also talented and I know that this project is not just some random idea but a well thought out concept and I expect it to become a reality soon.

I chose to speak very little at the meeting as I wanted to learn as much about you all and the project as I could and try to work out how and if I could bring something to the group.

Now I am not sure if you guys want or need my help but from a business standpoint I believe I could be of use within the marketing and advertisement sector later down the track but I would not be surprised if that area of expertise has already been allocated.

As for the writing aspect you all seem MORE than capable and to be honest I have not done much creative writing since I was in high school, strange to think I just realised that... Just wondering where you all get your ideas and inspiration from? haha I know Jason gets his from his dreams hah which is cool but what about the rest of you?

If your still reading I am impressed as this is one damn long essay.

Keep up the good work guys I see great things for the future.

Regards,
Mark

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger ToFu said...

Mark,

Thank you for your generous compliments. Funnily enough Mark, i was going to ask you if you seemed interested in helping me with some marketing but i had assumptions you would be busy and right now we can't really market anything. But yeh thanks man!

I hope you can make this weeks meeting. Looking forward to seeing u there.

-Comic writers society.

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger LOki said...

mark,

thanks for coming along to the meeting. to be honest (like i said in my post), i wasn't sure if i would be comfortable with 'outsiders' sitting in on the meeting but i think everything went really well, so of course, you're more than welcome to come to any of the meetings we have.

heh i think when it finally comes to the time when we need help with marketing, we'll definitely call on you for help but as you know for now, things are still in their developmental stages. but if you're interested in getting back into creative writing or just writing in general, the meetings may help stimulate the ideas in your head.

if i write something everyone who knows me well enough will recognise my style. i guess i draw my ideas from my own life experiences and also from those of my friends. hence, a lot of my writing then isn't as 'creative' per se, but at the same time i hope it is though-provoking and entertaining at the very least. and even though what i write is really close to who i am, i try to write in a certain way that allows audiences to relate and reflect on what i'm writing. to me, that is probably the dominant purpose of writing - to get people thinking.

i remember someone once saying to write well, you should write what you know. truth and life experiences tend to make anyone's writing unique and really their own. and that's where i usually start, and after that the ideas just keep flowing and some of the time it's pretty tricky trying to keep up!

thanks again for coming dude, and thanks also for the comment. hopefully great things will come from all this - and even if in the minute chance that it doesn't, at least we had one hell of a ride.

-LOki

 

Post a Comment

<< Home